There’s a bit of a chill in the air and it seems to be getting darker slightly earlier – Autumn is on its way.
We’ve been rather spoiled this summer with great weather for most of us. It’s now time to prepare your bed for Autumn.
It’s always good to start at the base and work up.
- Take off your sheets and valance and if possible vacuum the mattress and divan base. You may want to look at our TuckTop Valance – in tests it took less than 1 minute to put it in place and 17 seconds to remove! And that’s without lifting the mattress at all
- Check your mattress topper (if you have one). Summer was all about keeping cool; Autumn is about keeping at the right temperature – not too hot but not too cold.
There are different options – Silk is great for all year round; Wool and Alpaca are brilliant for temperature control; Duck Down and Goose Down can make you feel like you’re cocooned in a state of bliss!
- Are your sheets the best for you? Our crisp cotton percale sheets are beautiful but some people love the warmer feel of the sateen or brushed cotton flannelette. Make sure you choose an extra deep fitting sheet at there’s nothing worse than your bottom sheet pinging off in the night. Think about a duvet cover in the fabric you love so you’ll feel nice and cosy when you get into bed.
- Do you need to change your duvet? You may have been using a 4.5 Tog duvet through the summer. Generally a 9.0 Tog duvet is a better option for the Autumn.
- Layering! To finish off your bed, it’s a good idea to layer with a throw or blanket. If you’re too hot, the blanket can be put to one side.