Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following personal data from you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our website including information provided at the time of registering, subscribing or requesting further services;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfilment of your orders; and
- details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We use “cookies” within our website to enable us to collect information about your shopping experience. Please note that no specific individual is identified - the information collected is statistical data about browsing actions and patterns and does not contain any personal information about you. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. We will gather information such as your IP address, operating system, browser type and general internet usage. Cookies help us to improve our website and deliver a better and more personalised service and enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customise our website to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches;
- recognise you when you return to our website.
Where we store your personal data
We will respect the privacy of your personal data, and will comply with all relevant and current data protection legislation. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website and any transmission will be at your own risk.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we believe may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to permit selected third parties to use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you.
If you do not want us to use your data in the above way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please email us at email@example.com
Disclosure of your information
Please note that we may have to disclose your personal information to third parties if:
- we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Fine Cotton Company Limited, our customers, or others; or
- we need to exchange information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.